I started trying to make a post of 99 facts for my 99th post, but I was struggling to think of that many short entries - then posts 99 and 100 snuck up on me when I was looking the other way.
I was just clearing out 'dead' drafts from my blog and didn't actually want to waste the things I have written so far, so here's a few snippets to (hopefully) keep you entertained while I wander off to try to persuade my university that I really am married now.
1. In our house, we have fairy lights up all year round.
|2. My husband's 41st birthday cake was also an exam piece for the sugarcraft course I was taking at the time.|
3. The only pets I remember having, as a child, were two pet mice. Something in the back of my mind suggests we might also have had a goldfish but I don't remember that (and may be making it up).
4. It's been eight years since I had a TV at home.
5. I buy hard-cover notebooks from Paperchase because they're beautiful, even though I seldom write anything by hand. The ones with multicoloured paper are my favourites.
|6. When I started helping at Brownies, I asked if I could be Barn Owl because that's what my mum was when I was a Brownie.|
7. I've been inside the Millenium Dome once, not to look at the exhibition but to help set it up as a Crisis shelter one Christmas.
8. My husband and I held our wedding reception at the restaurant where we had our first meal together.
9. I work better to deadlines, even when they're completely insane deadlines. I need that sense of urgency. I worked all night on my undergraduate dissertation and was printing it out at 11am (the deadline was 12).
10. I thought this blog would have more PhD thoughts in it. I still wonder if that will become more true as I get deeper into research - for now, this is a nice place to escape all that heavy thinking!
|11. I was born on Epiphany, and have consequently always claimed that Twelfth Night is 'my' play.|
12. I analysed over 40 languages while studying for my degree, and conducted a whole project on Thai - a language I don't speak.
13. Some time ago, Kasia tagged me to write six random things - I hope this gets me off the hook! In common with her, I have twins in my genes.
14. We're a two kettle household, having bought a new one to replace our dying-but-not-quite-dead old one but being reluctant to throw away something which actually does still work. Plus it's handy if you want to make a cuppa at the same time as a hot water bottle.
15. I'm disappointed that the orange Smarties in the 'Mini Smarties' boxes do not taste of orange. That's just wrong.