From time to time, someone gives me an award. In fact, I've had four this month - thank you Elle and Anne-Marie and Mama Hen and Kel!
It's always nice to be recognised, and I'm always thankful when someone thinks of me, but I'm sure a lot of you will recognise that once you've had any particular award once or twice, it's gets harder to get around to passing them along. This has been troubling me for a while, because I'd hate anyone to think I wasn't grateful, and I do want to highlight my favourite bloggers from time to time.
So, inspired by my time in Girlguiding, I've decided to start giving out badges of my very own: Blog Inspiration badges. These are a little bit different to most blog awards, because they're themed, and I'll be coming up with new ones intermittently.
Recipients are under no obligations, but if you'd like to display the badge, please right-click to save a copy. And if you'd like to pass it along, you're very welcome to do that, too - just as long as you come back and tell me who you're nominating so I can check them out.
You all know how much I love to travel, so it makes sense that my first badge would be for Travel Inspiration: a badge for blogs which have inspired me to want to travel to a particular place. I'm giving out three to start off with; more another day.
- Farsighted Fly Girl, a writer from the Carribean who has singlehandedly added loads of places to my "must visit" list, and always has fascinating cultural notes on the places she writes about.
- Dedene at Bienvenue Chez Moi who's living a travel adventure since she moved to France, and is a constant source of interesting information, anecdotes, and observations.
- And last but not least, Travel, Eat, Repeat where Erin describes her travels - and she's managed to sum up in one picture everything that's great about not being office-bound.
Today's second badge is the Recipe Inspiration badge: for blogs which make me want to cook, even more than I always want to cook.
- The first recipient of this badge is Chef E, whose Food ~ Wine ~ Fun blog consistently introduces me to new and exciting combinations of flavours, with inspiration from across the globe.
- The Good Cook, whose gorgeous recipe for lemony baked donuts has permanently cured me of cravings for greasy deep-fried donuts - the baked ones are so much nicer.
- And finally, Sala at Veggie Belly always has gorgeous recipes with stunning photos that make my mouth water.
Watch this space for new badges in future!
Since I was working on these, I thought I'd also address a related issue. A few people have asked me whether I have a "button" for my blog - I didn't, but now I do, so if you're someone who 'does' buttons and you'd like to feature mine, you're very welcome to use this code:
|<a href="http://blog.rachelcotterill.com" title="Rachel Cotterill"><img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4561639462_fe96b3ce6c_o.jpg" width="150" height="150" alt="Rachel Cotterill" /></a>|