|I wrote a book! If you've ever wanted to learn a bit more about creating recipes, this series is designed for you. The first book focuses on cookies, because who doesn't love cookies?|
Available now on Kindle.
Monday, 14 February 2011
This evening, I'm being enrolled into the Girl Guiding movement for the third (and presumably final) time. I've already been enrolled as a seven-year-old Brownie and as an eleven-year-old Guide. This time I get to make the same promise again, as an adult.
If you've been paying attention, you might know that I've been helping out with Brownies for a couple of years, so I'm not quite sure why it's taken me this long.
For anyone who doesn't know it, here's the official wording of the promise (from Girlguiding UK)
I promise that I will do my best:
To love my God,
To serve the Queen and my country,
To help other people
To keep the Guide Law.
The 'Law' referenced in the last line is quite long in its own right:
1. A Guide is honest, reliable and can be trusted.
2. A Guide is helpful and uses her time and abilities wisely.
3. A Guide faces challenge and learns from her experiences.
4. A Guide is a good friend and a sister to all Guides.
5. A Guide is polite and considerate.
6. A Guide respects all living things and takes care of the world around her.
I know some of my readers are involved in similar movements in other countries - if your promise is different, I'd love you to post it in the comments.