One of the weird things about having a book out there is that it's "out there" in however many households, but I don't know where copies have scattered. Given how much I like to travel around myself, I'd love to know where my books are travelling.
In honour of this, I've decided to have a competition. Take a photo of yourself with a copy of Rebellion (paperback or electronic) and you could win a bundle of goodies including an advance copy of Revolution.
I'd like to have this open over the Easter and summer holidays to give people loads of time to find an exciting shot, so there's a really long deadline, but don't let that put you off entering now.
Here are the rules:
- Your picture has to include you, a copy of Rebellion, and some interesting scenery.
- Ebook copies are fine - just make sure the title page is visible on your reader.
- All images must be family-friendly.
- By submitting a picture, you give me permission to use it as I see fit (with appropriate credit).
- Submit a photo by emailing it as an attachment to photos [at] rachelcotterill [dot] com. You can enter more than once with photos from different places, up to a maximum of 3 per person.
- Include details of where the photo was taken, the photographer's name and (optional) website/blog link.
- Closing date for entries is 1st October 2011.
- Judging will be based on a variety of factors: composition, fun, and the random whims of Rachel. Judge's decision is final.
- Exact prize will depend on the winner's home country and customs regulations, but will definitely include a copy of Revolution.