Inspired by a dessert that my husband ordered on one of our recent ferry trips, I knocked this together yesterday evening. It's quick to make but tasted great. I did wonder after the fact whether I should have used amaretto instead of rum to flavour the cream, to go with the amaretti biscuits, but it definitely worked nicely with the rum.
Apologies for the blurry picture, I haven't freed up my normal camera's memory cards post-holiday yet.
Chocolate Cherry Pots
1 tin of black cherries, drained
100ml double cream
2tsp dark rum
4 amaretti biscuits
- Melt the chocolate over hot water.
- Whip the cream lightly until it begins to stiffen, then add the rum and most of the melted chocolate, and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon a little of the cream mixture into each of two glasses. Arrange a layer of cherries on top, and crumble one of the biscuits over the cherries in each glass.
- Spoon on more cream, add another layer of cherries, and crumble the remaining biscuits on top.
- Finish with a third layer of cream, top with cherries, and use th remaining chocolate to decorate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.