Pasta is my go-to dish for a quick and easy supper, but sometimes I fancy a change. Somehow, just sprinkling some cheese on top and popping it into the oven for a few minutes can transform the feel of a dish... without really being any more work.
Easy Vegetable Pasta Bake
2tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
1 red pepper
1/2 tin (130g) sweetcorn
200g mature cheddar cheese, grated
75g cream cheese
4 cherry tomatoes
basil & oregano (fresh if you have it)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish in the oven.
- Finely chop the vegetables, add to the hot oil (except for the sweetcorn), and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Toss the pasta, vegetables, sweetcorn, passata, and herbs in the casserole dish with the cream cheese and half the cheddar.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and arrange cherry tomatoes (halved) on the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has started to bubble and brown.