One of the regular starters at the Ashbury Hotel consists of crispy potato wedges smothered in cheese and sweet chilli sauce. This isn't a combination I'd thought of before, but it really works (although they add a bit too much cheese for my tastes, so I scaled back the quantity and just used a stronger flavoured cheese).
Cheesey Potato Wedges with Sweet Chilli
Serves 4 as a side dish
6 medium potatoes
1 large onion
100g extra mature cheddar cheese
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Bake the potatoes for an hour at 200°C.
- Finely chop the onion, and grate the cheese.
- Cut each potato into six or eight wedges, and arrange on a deep-sided baking tray.
- Sprinkle onions and cheese evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake for a further 15-20 minutes at 200°C.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce, either as a dipping sauce on the side, or drizzled across the top of the dish.