It's been a couple of years since I set myself any serious goals. Honestly, I gave myself so much to do (and think about) in that three-year period that I needed a bit of time off from formal goal-setting. The break has certainly been worthwhile, but I also know that I'm more productive when I've laid out fairly specific targets. So, 2015 will have proper goals and checkpoints and progress monitoring.
Here are my main goals for 2015:
1. Finish my thesis & graduate as a Doctor!
The big one. There's not much more to say about this, really. I'll be disappointed if I don't see in 2016 as Dr Cotterill.
2. Write another novel
I have a lot of people waiting for Reformation; I really should get on with that. Of course, now that Watersmeet is out, people are also waiting for the next Twelve Baronies book. In an ideal world I'd have time to do both, but that's not necessarily likely.
3. Submit short stories to five different venues
4. Read & review at least 52 books
5. Log at least 104 runs or walks over 5k
6. Log at least 104 physio & weight-lifting sessions
7. Take an introductory Persian class
I've signed up for a free three-month class, so this should be as easy as just turning up. (Note that I'm not putting down anything about proficiency...)
8. Develop and post 52 new recipes
9. Participate in SRC for at least eight months